MeadowView Havanese Policies
- All Havanese puppies are given full medical exams before going to their new homes and are sold with a 2 year genetic health contract.
- All Havanese puppies are raised in my home and are underfoot and well socialized before going on to their forever homes. It is in the best interest of the puppy and his developement to attend classes with you for socialization, and obiedence.
- PET or COMPANION Havanese puppies are sold on a spay/neuter contract. They are sent to there forever homes between 10 -12 weeks of age.
- SHOW / BREEDING Havanese puppies are sold on a different contract. The show / breeding puppies may be sold with co-ownership and are sold on a contract that the puppy MUST be shown and finished to its AKC Championship before it can be bred.
- When you contact me about a Havanese puppy, I will ask you to fill out my Perspective Owner Questionnaire. I will send you information on our upcoming or available litters. If you would like to be placed on my Active Litter List, I require a Deposit of $250.00, this is nonrefundable and can be applied to a future puppy if you are not able to take your puppy from the current litter. I will review your questionnaire and try to match you with the puppy that will fit your needs, it is my hope that we can work together to bring your puppy to its forever home.
- I require a deposit of $500.00 to hold your puppy until he is ready for shipping. Full payment is expected by the time that your puppy is 9 weeks old. The balance is due at the time that you come to pick up your puppy. I can accept Cashier Checks or Cash, which will make the transaction as smooth as possible for all of us.
- I also require that any Buyer who can no longer take proper care of a MeadowView Havanese puppy or dog, contact me immediately so that I can have first choice to either (a) take the dog back and/ or (b) assist the Buyer in finding a suitable home for the dog. It is further understood that neither of these two options guarantees that the Buyer will recover all or any part of the purchase price, though any money recovered will be returned to the Buyer (minus placement expenses).
- This dog is NEVER to be turned over to Havanese Rescue or any other type of rescue, pound or Humane Society and the Buyer agrees that by doing so, the Breeder/Seller will impose a fine on the Buyer to be donated to Havanese Rescue.
- The Buyer agrees to keep the Breeder informed of any significant health, temperament, or behavioral problems encountered throughout this animal's life. The Buyer also agrees that the puppy Never be vaccinated with the Leptosporius vaccine, and understands that in doing so All health contract guarantees are Null & Void.